Monday, September 22, 2008

Kirsten's First Week of School

I keep meaning to write about Kirsten's first week of school that happened 2 weeks ago...better late than never I guess.

We started out with a really fun "going to school" party on Monday afternoon with Michael, Jorja, and Cole (pictures to come eventually). Kirsten was so excited about going to Cole's house for a party! They decorated pencil bags and cupcakes and had a blast playing together!
That night we picked out an outfit and laid it out all ready for school the next day.

The next morning Kirsten woke up at about 6 and ran out of her room saying "I'm ready to get dressed." She was ready for school by 7:30 and still had to wait until 9:15 to go. We were both so anxious and excited. So at 10 til 9 we couldn't take it anymore so we went on a walk around the block and then walked over to school. I had been telling her for almost a year now that I was going to say goodbye and go home and that I wouldn't be staying with her. So as soon as we got there she said "when are you going to leave?". Yeah, not much separation anxiety, which I guess is a good thing. So I gave her a hug and said goodbye. It was pretty weird to just leave her in someone else's care. Then I went out to breakfast with some other first time preschool moms. While we were there a huge storm came through so we were all worried about out little kids and how they were going to react to being in a storm without mommy. I think all the kids did better than the moms.

I was so excited to go pick Kirsten up after school. She was so tired that when I asked her about school she said she didn't want to talk about it (isn't she a little young for that!?!) So we went home and she told me that the power had gone out at school. She had tons of fun singing songs, reading books, playing, and having snack. She's been singing all kinds of new songs, it's so fun to hear all the fun things she's learning!
Her favorite thing to play with, of course, the kitchen.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Seems hard to believe she is old enough to go, seems like yesterday she was just a little baby.
Reminds me of when our oldest, Kimberly, started school. She HAD to ride the bus, and had been excited for months, even years, to do so. No separation anxiety there either. So what did I do? I loaded Ben and baby Kristin in the car and followed the bus to Ranch Heights, without her knowledge of course. I unloaded the little ones and went in the school and peeked in the door of the classroom to see if she was okay. She was. Mom's can be such babies!:)

Seth said...

Cute pictures. I'm excited for your new move. I had to google "baby Jessica", because I was like four when that happened! I thought maby that was where Jessica Simpson was born or something. I know I shouldn't be saying such stupid things on the WWW.

Tyler said...

maybe thats why rachel and i are your best friends, we both dont ahve brains b/c i was confused abt the baby jessica thing too. sad. sad. sad. aww,w thats sounds just like joseph. when i got called into nursery at my old ward, he tried to literally push me away and then told me to pls leave him alone and go to class. it was so sad, but a relief.