Wednesday, May 11, 2011



Over the last few months Jonathan and I have worried a lot about our sweet little Colton. Some days I feel like he's going to be perfectly fine, and others I worry that all of our hopes and dreams for him may not happen. I was reading a talk today by Elder Faust that talks about how parents who have "special children" worry about their future; but, through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, those children can be made perfect. Because Christ suffered in Gethsemane and died on the Cross for us, for my Colton, no matter what happens he will be made perfect after this life. What an incredible blessing that is.

3 comments:

Miranda Townsend said...

That is just so sweet and so true. You know, nowadays there are so many opportunities for kids that you shouldn't worry. My cousin, Marie, has a boy that is VERY similar to Colton, but he's 6 now. When he turned 4 they put him in a special preschool and within a short time he made AMAZING progress. He now is in regular kindergarten and they went to his open house and the majority of the parents told Marie that their kids talk about Bowen all the time and how he is their best friend and the teacher said that ALL of the kids love Bowen and he actually was the only kid in the whole class that got invited to all the birthday parties because he's so popular, social and sweet. Marie says that he's like a different kid...and I (and most everybody)notice it too. So I think you shouldn't worry because even if there is something, he can still learn to be his cute little self. The future is bright:)

Carrie said...

Colton is a gem, and he'll always be special in the true sense of the word.

Karen said...

When you have a special child you don't throw away all your hopes and dreams, you change them. I am around a lot of special children and I feel it is a privledge to be a part of each ones life. Colton is such a beautiful boy and he seems like such a sweetie. Either way everything will be alright.