Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Kirsten






Kirsten had a birthday two weeks ago too. She turned 6! I feel like she is growing up way too fast. When I was first pregnant with Max and she was really hoping for a sister I told her that if I had a boy I would let her decorate her very own girl's room. So when we were in Dallas we went to Ikea and she picked out a duvet cover and some accessories. She was so excited because it was all "teenager" stuff. What has happened to my little girl? She wanted to paint her room black! We compromised on a Grayish Purple.
Kirsten is my lifesaver. There are many times I don't know what I'd do without her. She helps me so much with the boys and she keeps me company. I drove back from Dallas to Midland once without her and I almost lost it! Not having her to talk to was really hard!
She is a very sweet and loving girl. I asked her what her favorite animal is and she said she didn't want to choose one because she would feel bad for all the animals she didn't choose. She loves animals. We went to the rodeo a couple months ago and she cheered for the bulls whenever the rider would fall off.
She is really good at math. She really likes it and definitely got her skills from her dad. She doesn't like reading and writing as much, hopefully that will come with time.
She's always got a story going on in her mind. She loves to pretend she's her teacher, an animal, the random lady who did an evaluation on Colton...anybody she sees during the day.
For her birthday she has been wanting to go to the American Girl store in Dallas for months. So we got to have breakfast there on her birthday just her and me. She had so much fun walking around the store and Daddy even surprised her with a new doll.
She is such a sweetheart and we absolutely adore her.
My parents came up to celebrate with a cake. It's been so nice having them here to celebrate with us. Kirsten loves having them around too!

2 comments:

Lauri said...

Happy Birthday, Kirsten! She is such a sweet girl. I loved reading this post about her! Her love of animals is probably why her and Jocelyn get along so well!! :)
I hope we get to see you guys soon! I'm sad I haven't been able to see Max yet! Hope you are enjoying OK!

Springers said...

Happy 6th to Kirsten! Can't wait to see some pictures of her big girl room!