Saturday, April 23, 2011

Colton's Three!

Two of our kids had birthdays last week. I like to do a brag post about each of them on their birthdays so I'll start with Colton since his birthday is first.

Colton turned 3 on April 12th. He is my absolute sunshine. He still doesn't say much and doesn't understand much. In fact he just started calling me mommy a couple weeks ago. He says it all the time and it's my favorite thing in the world.

He is such a sweet boy. When I put him to bed at night he always puts his arms around my neck and holds on until I finally have to leave. He gives us a kiss whenever he wants something or we tell him to say sorry. He'll come up to us with his little lips puckered saying "mmmm".

He still loves trucks and trains and will watch videos of real trains on YouTube all day if I'd let him.

He loves to be chased. He'll take things away from Kirsten just so she'll chase him around to get it. He thinks it's absolutely hilarious.

He has a really funny high pitched voice.

He loves to play outside and will play out there for hours.

If he gets mad at anything or anyone he will head but them or it. If he trips over something or runs into something he'll head butt it. Luckily he has learned to restrain himself and doesn't do it very hard.

He is a very picky eater. If something looks like he wouldn't like it he will not even touch it. Even if it's candy that just looks odd to him.

He's started putting more 2 word phrases together like "car keys", "fire truck".

He's repeated phrases for a while like "what are you doing", "what are we going to do now (actually that one's really cute because he says "oh man, what we gon do now" and he pats his sides in dispair), "cookie in the world" (that one's from a book and he thinks it's hilarious if I scream after he says it, it took me a long time to figure out what he was actually saying. His words are usually all jumbled so it's hard to understand him).

His laugh is super cute and it's really easy to get him to laugh.

Whenever he gets evaluated they always ask me at the end to brag about Colton and the thing I always say is that he's so sweet tempered, he never throws fits or yells. The only time he ever gets upset is if he's frustrated about something.

Grandma and Papa came up bearing gifts and cake. Daddy wasn't able to be there 'cause he was in Canada for work.










1 comment:

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Colton, we're glad you had a great birthday!!!