Monday, March 28, 2011

Colton

We have seen so much progress in Colton over the last few weeks. When his speech therapist was here last time I was changing Colton's diaper and he counted to 9! Before that he would say 1-2 or 5-6, but he counted all the way to 9 perfectly! It was so exciting. He repeated all the shapes she told him, and he's started putting 2 word phrases together too like, "shut door", "push button", "lay down"...mostly he copies phrases but he has been doing it more often. He repeats words and phrases a lot more now too. And I'll catch him playing pretend every once in a while. He had Jonathan's shoes and he was moving them like they were walking towards some trucks while saying "watch out!". He says everything in a really high pitch, so it's kinda cute.

The most wonderful improvement though has been socially. It used to be if any child (other than family) came near him he would hit them or put on his "mad face" and fight back the urge to hit them. Last time our friend Porter came over, Colton tortured him. This time...he played WITH him! It was so exciting! He followed Porter around with his truck, he even stood right in front of him and tried talking to him. I know Porter was a little put off by Colton standing so close and being a little rough with the trucks, but he even said "Colton's being nice". I can't tell you how happy this makes me to see all these improvements/miracles!








5 comments:

OKTownsends said...

I would keep him.

Seth said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you and Colton! What great progress! I totally understand about the four picture thing, I would do the same. He looks so cute in his blessing outfit. I love your family picture:) You look great!

Miranda Townsend said...

That is so wonderful!! It just seems that age makes them better...at least it did with Bryce. I can't wait to hear him talk! He's so big!

Carrie said...

Awesome, way to go Colton!!

Springers said...

That's great! Way to go Colton!