Sunday, March 13, 2011

Crazy!

I don't think it's been a secret that I don't exactly love it here in West Texas. It's not that I hate it, we have made great friends and have found happiness here. But, I have never really felt settled here. Something about not being able to see water and trees that I just can't handle. So at the beginning of this year we realized that we had lived here for 2 years now and were kind of looking for a way out I guess. Jonathan has been planning on getting his MBA since he went to business school. The timing just has never been right. So we thought now would be a great time. He applied to Rice and got in and we thought we could easily get transferred to Houston. We were wrong. The week after getting accepted to Rice and finding out that we may not be able to move their until the end of the year Jonathan was offered a job in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. I must say I never thought we would go back there, but we felt good about it and he accepted it. So we are heading back to Oklahoma, but this time we are moving to Collinsville (closer to Tulsa). We are actually really excited! We went last week and found a house and we are moving in 2-3 weeks! It's crazy and fast, but we are really excited.

5 comments:

Springers said...

What?! You guys are going back to Oklahoma huh? So what about the MBA? Will he apply to places around there? And you're not going to live in Bartlesville? REally? What is in Collinsville? I am headed up to Bville Tuesday. Me and the kids are going to visit for Spring Break! Good luck to ya on the move. When do yall go? Send me some details.

Carrie said...

Yes, we're jealous of the backyard. We drove up and checked it out the other day...love the play structure : )

Ryanne said...

That is crazy! But it sounds like it all fell into place for you. Good luck!

Shallan said...

We are so excited to have you back! Sounds like you will be a little further away but that's ok... we'll still get in some good girl time!! Good luck with moving... I'm right there with ya! We are in the process of moving too... but just to another house.

Jen said...

When things are right...they just fall into place! I am sooo happy for your family! Good luck with the move!!!!!