Sunday, August 30, 2009

Last week in Pictures

Last week was a busy week...and I'm glad it's over!

We started out by taking Colton to the doctor for a check up. The doctor took a listen to his lungs and sent him home with one of these.

He's been so sweet doing his breathing treatments. It's the one time he'll actually sit on my lap. We're hoping both of our kids grow out of this crazy asthma business.

Then we fixed our treadmill. Colton and Kirsten thought it was hilarious to run on it. For days Kirsten would start cracking up and then say "remember when Colton was running on the treadmill? That was so funny!"


Kirsten was supposed to start ballet on Wednesday, but apparently I got an old brochure because classes don't really start until this week. As you can imagine, Kirsten was pretty devastated after getting all ready.


Making balls out of sponges...


Kirsten was whining because the cement was hot so I told her to go get some shoes on and she came out with bunny slippers.


I guess the hot cement came in handy later when she was trying to warm up.


Kirsten has this little guinea pig stuffed animal that she's grown quite fond of. So we decided to make some guinea pig cookies. Does anyone else love Family Fun magazine as much as I do?


And then yesterday we made close to 400 meatballs for a spaghetti dinner fundraiser for the boy scouts. We cooked for 6 hours and by the time we got to the church the food was cold and we couldn't warm it up enough in time, so they didn't even taste good. I think I could happily live without partaking of a single meatball for the rest of my life.

pretty disgusting huh? The fundraiser went really well though so I guess it was all worth it.

5 comments:

Emily Townsend said...

Tell Kirsten I hope she has fun at ballet this week, she'll do great. She looks super cute in her outfit. See you this weekend, bye.

Carrie said...

Sounds about like my week last week too, crazy! And I don't even have school-age kids (it was the first week of school here). And I only have one kid. That's the crazy part - one kid, no school, and I was still up to my eyeballs in craziness. AAGH!!!

Springers said...

I didn't realize both your kids had asthma. Does it flare up a lot? You cooked for 6 hours! Wow, that is one fundraiser I would not have been available for. What a sport you are!

Seth said...

Awe, poor Colton, I hope they grow out of that too. Kirsten looks super cute in her dance outfit, that will be so fun!! I can't wait until Maggie starts dance! I guess I need to check out the family fun magazine more, what are guinea pig cookies?

jami v. said...

first, i hate the breathing treatments too. cole had to do them last winter. i'm hoping we won't this winter.

i love the bunny slipper. :) why is they always find the funniest solutions to their problems?

you are such a good mom! guinea pig cookies?! :) when i grow up i'm going to be creative like you.

and lastly - all that meat makes me a little sick. :) glad it was you cooking it all up and not me!! :)