Wednesday, August 12, 2009

7th grade


My beautiful little sister starts 7th grade tomorrow. Does anyone remember 7th grade? Well, I do. Let's just say not one of the best years of my life. Maybe that was because I had just moved to America's snottiest middle school. Or maybe it's just because it's 7th grade. I don't know what it is, but there are so many things I wish I knew then. I wish I could burn into Emily's brain all of those things. I wish I could tell her not to worry about what other people think. To laugh at the snotty girl's snotty comments about anything and anyone. I remember being so upset when someone made fun of my friend for shopping at Payless. I wish I would've laughed and told the girl she was crazy and that Payless is awesome. If I would've just not cared what other people thought of me and what I wore my life would've been so much easier. Emily is so much more level headed than I was then. She'll do great. Good luck Emily! I love you!

5 comments:

Springers said...

Yes, middle school is stressful! Good luck! So you dig Playless huh?!

jami v. said...

middle school is tough - and girls can be so mean. she's lucky to have you as a good example with such great advice. :)

OKTownsends said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Townsend said...

Thanks Jenny. My 2 days have been snotty comment free. That just might be because the snotty girls don't know everyone. I'm looking forward to the rest of the school year. By the way the deleted comment is from me, but I didn't realize mom was signed in. Anyway thanks again. I love you, too.

Em said...

I can't believe LITTLE Emily is already in 7th grade! Amazing that she's aged just like everyone else!