Monday, October 17, 2011


What the?!? Where did the last year go? I am SO not okay with Max growing up. He needs to stop it!

He was really excited about what was about to happen.


Oooh fire.


He took that cupcake and shoved it right in his mouth and didn't stop until it was all gone. He was our first kid to actually eat his cake on his first birthday. Maybe it's because we've gotten lazy with our 3rd child have let him eat sugar during his first year of life...I don't know.







He was just so adorable eating that cupcake!

Here's a video in case the pictures aren't enough.



Poor third child. I now understand why my little brother, Geoff, was always so mad at us on his birthdays and didn't want us to even touch his toys. It's because he had to go through birthday after birthday of us opening his presents and taking them away from him. What I'm trying to say is that Kirsten and Colton opened Max's presents for him and then played with those toys all night.

He got lots of fun toys from Gramie and Grandma and Papa...mostly he liked the box.




Now it's time to brag about him a bit.
He is seriously so adorable. I cannot get enough of those fat cheeks. He has the most kissable cheeks, and it's not just me who thinks so.
He started saying "uh-oh" the other day.
He signed "more" today.
He doesn't say much that we can understand but he chatters quite a bit.
He is most definitely a pacifier baby.
He is still not snugly at all.
He's all over the place. He can climb on top of the picnic table, he loves to climb on anything he can.
He still doesn't walk.
He loves to get into all the drawers and cupboards.
He has become such a happy easy going baby.
He is in the 75% for length and 50% for height.
I love his little curls.
He is so so sweet and we absolutely love him to pieces!

3 comments:

OKTownsends said...

I love the last picture and I am glad he likes the box. I can't believe a year has gone by already either.

Ryanne said...

He is adorable! Jocelyn, our 3rd, goes through the same thing with her presents. It drives us crazy because we can't get her brother and sister to leave her presents alone. I love the pics of him eating the cupcake; perfect.

Miranda Townsend said...

That's just crazy! It seems like the subsequent kids after the first grow up way too fast. Guess it's time to just have another one:)