Sunday, June 5, 2011

Being husbandless for 3 weeks...not fun. Getting to meet him for a few days at the end of that...very fun! I said goodbye to the kids at Grandma and Papa's and headed up to Calgary, Alberta to spend a few days with Jonathan while he was up there for work.
As soon as I got there we headed to Banff, an amazingly beautiful ski town in the mountains near Calgary. We walked around the river, saw waterfalls, ate really amazing food and chocolate, rode horses through the river, went hot tubbing in a huge underground hot tub, and just enjoyed relaxing without kids for a few days...It was amazing.








Lake Louise






Banff


There were elk and deer everywhere on the streets. We went on a walk through the woods and didn't see a single animal, but they were walking all over the streets.




Jonathan really wanted to go on the Gondola. The views were absolutely amazing. I have to admit I think it's a little freaky way up there dangling from a wire. There was a lot of snow at the top of the mountain. So, of course, Jonathan was seeing how far he could throw the snowballs down the side of the mountain. As I was rolling my eyes I saw every man up there doing the same thing! Whether they be, Asian, Hispanic, European...they were all throwing snowballs. I guess it's a guy thing.








Then we headed back to Calgary. After spending a few cold days in Banff we had some amazing weather in Calgary. That's all anyone would talk about was the weather. Jonathan had to work a couple of days up there, so I got up and got to run around the beautiful river, take my time getting ready, reading, meeting Jonathan for lunch, shopping.


The train Jonathan and I would meet for lunch. Colton loved this picture.


We went to the zoo, which was great. I especially love the Gorillas.




I already feel nostalgic about this trip. It was so fun and so nice to spend time with just Jonathan and I. It's good to remind ourselves every once in a while that we really like each other!

But we did miss these little crazy heads








4 comments:

Miranda Townsend said...

What in the WORLD!!! I am so jealous of your trip! That the next thing on my list of things to do...spend more than 1 hour alone with Justin:) What an amazing place to go too. How great for you guys!

Seth said...

Your hair is so long! And SOOOO pretty! What a magical trip, sounds like you certainly deserved that from being without him for so long!

Springers said...

I'm so glad you got to go. It sure looks amazing, although its hard to believe its that cold anywhere right now!

Carrie said...

Glad you got to get away and have lots of fun!!