Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Nutcracker

We finally reaped the rewards of Kirsten being gone every Saturday morning for the last few months and every night for the last week. She had a dress rehearsal on Friday night and Saturday morning and finally did her actual performance last night. She was so nervous that she wasn't going to be able to remember everything, but she did so great! It was so much fun to watch her we could not wipe the smiles off of our faces.

I have had to do Kirsten's makeup, for what seems like, a thousand times this week! I am so not good at doing eyeliner. The first time I attempted I had to redo her eyeliner at least 5 times before it looked decent. When I finally got it right Kirsten squeezed her eyes together and smeered it all over her eyelids. I was so frustrated that I snapped at her. My sweet, sensitive little girl tried so hard to hold back the tears but couldn't which sent her makeup running down her face, which completely served me right that I had to do it again. So we fixed it and then Colton hit her in the head and she started crying again. It was an emotional day for both of us.











Jonathan got to take some pictures of dress rehearsal.










Kirsten had a lot of fun playing with the flowers she got from us and from her sweet teacher Mrs. Miller.





Grammie also got to come down and watch the performance (and play with Max).




Kirsten has been a little tired of going to ballet for the last couple of months so I figured by the time the Nutcracker was over she wouldn't want anything to do with ballet for the rest of her life. So when I was driving her home from her performance today I asked if she was done with the Nutcracker forever or just until next year. She started telling me about all the parts she wants to play (after she's a soldier next year).
We are so proud of our adorable little mouse!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

That's the cutest mouse we've ever seen. Way to go on a fantastic performance!!

OKTownsends said...

I hate doing the makeup too! I only put on the false eyelashes and the eyeliner this year. Emily did everything else.
I wish we could have been there, she looks beautiful in the pictures. Emily told us all the parts she still wants to be also on the way home. Too bad they can't be in it together. You should move to WA.