Sunday, August 29, 2010

Kirsten's 1st Day of School

Well, we made it through her first week of Kindergarten.

Kirsten with daddy before leaving for the big day.


With brother outside of the school. (Colton is a little sick here)


Putting her stuff in her cubby.


At her desk.


She was pretty nervous and anxious. She asked me if I could stay out in the hall until she is happy. She said it was going to take a really long time to get happy. At that point I had to leave because I was about to cry. I must admit I cried the whole way home!
I could not wait until 3:30 to go pick her up and find out about her day. She had so much fun. She loved her teacher Mrs. Miller. She loved P.E. and recess and learning. They had a gingerbread man hunt which she could not stop talking about. I was so happy things went so well for her.
She goes to a school that is half regular school and half home school. So I was very grateful to have her home the next day. She goes to school Monday, Wednesday, and half of Friday. On Tuesday and Thursday we have about 1 1/2 hours of home school. I am so grateful that I didn't have to say goodbye to her everyday all day. She's my little pal and I'm so glad that first day is over with and that it went well!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Yeah for the first week! Kirsten looks so grown up..time flies.

Springers said...

I've never heard of just a 2 day kindergarten. you'll have to let me know how you like it. Sounds like she had fun... way to go Kirsten!

Lauri said...

Awww Jenny!! If we lived closer, I would have come over and cried with you! I'm glad she loved her first day. I have been wondering how it went. I am SO jealous that you have her home during the week. What a great school. One bonus to Texas, right?!? :) Kirsten really does look grown up in those pictures and so pretty! Sweet girl. Miss you guys!

Miranda Townsend said...

All of the sudden she looks SO much older! The kids growing up is sad I must say...

jami v. said...

glad you have your first week down, and i totally know how you feel - holding back the tears. sunday night i couldn't stop crying about it (i know. i'm losing it! crying over kindergarten :) ) and miles kept asking what was wrong. i told him mom's cry ... that's just what we do. :)

so kirsten looks so happy at school! i'm so glad her first days went well. do you not send her at all tue/thurs? ah ... i'm with you - i can't believe they are already so big!!