Friday, August 6, 2010

Epic Vacation part 2

Our great friends from Midland met us in Washington for a few days.


And they brought Jonathan back to us too.


We walked around Washington park




We went and threw rocks at deception pass.


And crossed the bridge.


The bridge is really high and scary. Here's everyone laughing at a scared Danie. I have to admit I really don't like going on it either especially with kids.


Danie and I started planning this trip back in January when we decided we would do a marathon together. The training was super hard and the race even harder but I'm so glad we did it.


It was such a beautiful race. Running around Lake Washington, over the floating bridge, through the city, hearing everyone scream "Go Marathon Mamas!"...but this was by far the best part. And not just because we were almost done. See our girls jumping for us? They were so cute in their little matching "Team C" shirts and headbands. They were so happy for us and the best cheerleaders.




I could not have done it without this girl, Danie. She is the only reason I finished the training and the only reason I finished the race. She has saved me in more ways than one in the last year and I am so grateful for her!






Can you tell how happy I am to be done? What an amazing feeling!





I have to say one of the best parts of the race was the night before. We left the kids with the boys and headed into Seattle to the Expo, which was awesome! Free food, free stuff and being kid free for a night? What more could a person ask for?

A few nights later Danie and I went to the midnight showing of Eclipse. Even though the movies are kind of crazy, although this one was definitely the best, we love the excuse to have a girl's night.


We spent some time in Downtown Seattle.










Pikes Place. The girls were not fond of this big disgusting fish.


Then we took the monorail back to our cars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen! Your vacation looks like so much fun. I am sooooooo proud of you for finishing the marathon! What an amazing accomplishment. I really admire you....and pregnant! WOW!!!! I want to call you and hear all about it.