Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

For the last 2 days we have been celebrating my little girl's 5th birthday! I can't believe I have a 5 year old! Anyway, we started our celebration on Friday with a princess party.

Her friends came in their beautiful princess dresses and they decorated crowns


Then they got their nails done


My friend, Jaime, came to help with their make-up


We did a photo shoot of all the pretty princesses


After the girls were all ready for the ball we had a little dance party


They ate


And had some castle cake. Kirsten picked this cake out on youtube and I was so excited because it looked so easy...it was actually harder to make than the truck cake. Oh well she was happy.


After all her other friends left Kirsten got to do something super exciting. Her best friend, Brighton's, parents went out of the night and we watched the kids. So Kirsten got to have a slumber party with her for her birthday. She had been excited for weeks. They watched the Princess and the Frog and played with all of Kirsten's new toys and finally fell asleep in the living room.


The next day was our family celebration. We went out to lunch and had Kirsten's favorite thing for dinner, Macaroni and Cheese (not from scratch she made sure I knew that) and mandarin oranges. Then we ate some cake and watched a movie.


I hope she had a wonderful 2 days. I can't believe she's been alive for 5 years. She is such a sweet girl. I feel so lucky to have her. She gets in these modes sometimes when she is in her own little world like the Backyardigans, sometimes it's hard to get her out of it. She has a great imagination.
She loves to do crafts. At least once a week she'll ask if she can do a craft which usually involves painting and gluing and cutting...
She is a talker. She can talk your ear off and frequently does. She's also very shy. When we ask her why she didn't talk to someone she says, "because I'm too shy." I hope she grows out of that and realizes that she doesn't need to be shy.
She is my sweetheart, she loves to cuddle. She loves to wrestle and play with daddy.
She loves to climb and run around. She doesn't like to be alone. I have her go in her room for some quiet time every afternoon and often times she'll say she wants some company because she doesn't want to be alone.
I love the age she is right now, she says the funniest things. Sometimes I wish she could stay this age forever.

3 comments:

Lauri said...

Happy 5th Birthday, Kirsten! Jocelyn says being five is the BEST, so you'll have to let me know if you agree! :)
What a fun Mom you are, Jenny! It looks like she had a fabulous birthday weekend. I'm so impressed with your cakes lately...I've been a chicken and stuck with store bought for bdays, so lame! :)
Have you guys registered Kirsten for kinder yet?!? I can't believe the time is already here for that. I have to agree with you...I wish they could stay this age forever!

Springers said...

Happy Birthday Kirsten. Looks like you had lots of fun stuff going on!

jami v. said...

looks so fun! i can't believe our little people are five, either! wow! time flies!!

ps-i was talking about you today. at playgroup someone was mentioning trails and i was like "show me! jenny used to talk about it all the time but i never knew where to go!" :) miss you and your cute fam. hope all is well!!