Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Sweet Bubbs!

So today is my baby boy's birthday. He turned big 2 today! I can't believe he's been around for 2 whole years.

He started out the day with some of his favorites, bananas, pancakes, and milk.


Grandma and Papa got him an awesome tool bench. Daddy set it up for him last night so it was all ready for him this morning. He and Kirsten played with it for about and hour this morning.


He was pretty much up all night just talking in his crib so he took about a 4 1/2 hour nap. While he was sleeping I made my first cake in the shape of something other than a circle or square. It didn't turn out too bad.


We took him out to Chick-fil-A for dinner so he could play. As soon as we got there he kept saying "day, day" (that's Colton for play)
Colton is obsessed with trucks so I thought he would love this cake. He did but only because it was cake I don't even think he noticed it was a truck.




Opening presents from grammy.


He loved this computer she gave him. Kirsten loved it too.




So since this is Colton's birthday I figure I can brag on him a little bit. Colton is my little boy and I absolutely adore him. He is crazy and wild and even though it's exhausting I love that about him. Going to the park or the library or anywhere with him is absolutely the most tiring thing I do. If I turn my back for one minute at the park he's run into the bathrooms or way over to the sandbox or the slide. The library is even worse with the elevators and stairs I have lost him a couple times. He has no fear of losing me at all even though he is a total mama's boy. My favorite time of day is when I go in to check on the kids after they're in bed. When he's laying in his bed he'll hold his little arms up to me and of course I have to pick him up. He'll snuggle his little head into my shoulder and just lay there with his arms around my neck. It is the highlight of my day.
He has the biggest chubbiest feet ever. He wears a 9! Kirsten wears an 11. My friend calls him hobbit feet. I love that he got his daddy's dimples. I love his little laugh. He's started talking more. My favorite is how he says, "mouth", "teeth", "nose", "ears"...and the way he says animal sounds. I really need to record that so I never forget. He is my baby boy and I absolutely adore him.

4 comments:

OKTownsends said...

Looks like he had a great day, wish we could have been there. I would keep him if I were you.

Lauri said...

Happy Birthday Colton!! Is he really TWO!?! :) Crazy. I love the first pic of him...what a fun little guy! Your truck cake looks fabulous! Good job Jenny!
We should really catch up soon. It's been too long.

Seth said...

What a sweet boy. And I LOVE the cake! It sounds like you had tons of fun in CA. I can't believe you don't have any pics from Disneyland. I only want to go there to take pictures to scrapbook...I know I'm a loser. Did Alyson take any pictures?

Jen said...

Such a fun day!! Great job on the cake Jenny!! So adorable! We sure do miss you guys here!