Sunday, November 16, 2008

Great friends and a wonderful husband

My GREAT friends and WONDERFUL husband schemed up an idea to get us girls together for a night away. Jonathan told me that we were going on a date and that my friend, Jen, was coming over to watch the kids. But instead of Jen showing up it was Jen, Jami, and Michelle, some of my great friends. We all have kids almost the exact same age so we've spent a lot of fun times together. We went out to eat and then to a hotel. It was like being a kid again. We stayed up until 3 in the morning talking and then slept in until 9:30! What a great weekend! I'm so lucky to have met such wonderful friends while we've lived here and to have such a sweet husband! We all forgot our cameras so this picture that I stole off the internet is the best I have.

Today was our last day of church in this ward. It was really hard to say good bye to the wonderful people we met here. This has been a really hard move for both of us because we don't know when we will ever be back. The primary sang "goodbye, goodbye" to us. Jonathan got the sweetest note from one of his 11 year old boys who he has taught since we moved here. Jonathan wouldn't admit this, but we were both holding back tears when we left. I think I've said this about a million times the last month but, it will be fine.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny!

How are you guys?! I love checking your blog. You guys are great. But, where are you moving to? I just got use to you living in Pennsylvania. Your children are so cute and so grown-up! Well, good luck with your move and I will stay tuned to see how everything turns out ;D I miss you!

love--Kasia

Em said...

Sounds like a fun fun time with some great friends. Good luck with the move!

Lauri said...

What a fantastic weekend!! I can imagine how hard it was to say goodbye to everyone there! :( Hopefully you guys will have a wonderful new ward waiting for you! :) I hope the move goes well! Let me know when you are in Texas! :)

Meli said...

awww jenny! i know how you feel. ive got some good news though, although i miss ny terribly, i have finally gotten over the i hate life b/c we are not in ny stage. so i guess it takes abt 2 months. ha! hope you have a good move! let me know if you need anything! miss ya tons!

Brooks Family said...

Jenny! I've been meaning to get in touch with you for quite sometime! Shoot me an email (darinalisa84@gmail.com) So I have yours. You kids are beautiful!! I cant wait to hear from you!

Shallan said...

Holy cow! So obviously its been way too long since I've been on the blog- I can't believe you all are already moving! Good thing for the blog so I can keep up with you!! Good Luck!!