Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Philly Zoo

Last Tuesday was a beautiful day so Kirsten and I decided to take a trip to the Philadelphia zoo. Kirsten absolutely loved the Gorillas. I think we watched them for about 20 minutes.
She also loved the polar bear. It was a great day to go because it wasn't hot so all the animals were out.
We had a great time until we started driving home. The Philly Zoo is the oldest zoo in America and is not in the greatest location. To get on the freeway I would have to turn left out of the parking lot, but I wasn't allowed to, so I had to turn right and then figure out a way to turn around. I was driving forever and could not find a place to turn around. Finally I'm in actual Philadelphia in West Philadelphia no less (you know where the fresh prince was born and raised). So I think I see a gas station or something to my left where I can turn around, so I turn and find that there is NOWHERE to turn around. I decided I'd turn left down a street and then make another left and I'd be back where I wanted to be. So, I make a left and the first thing I see is a cop standing outside of one of the row homes wearing a bullet proof vest. He looks at me like I must be crazy. So I'm trying to find a place to turn around. There are people on the streets who look like they're up to no good (they don't call it Killadelphia for nothing). I finally find a place to turn after passing about 5 one way streets going the wrong direction and there's a cat in the middle of this tiny road. There are people looking at me, and I'm a little scared at this point. I'm thinking, should I run over the cat and avoid having to stop in the midst of all these people or what if I do run over the cat and they try to kill me anyway. So as soon as I get up to the cat it moves, thank goodness. At this point, Kirsten is in the back seat laughing hysterically at me. I try to tell her it's not funny, but that just makes her laugh even more. After turning down a few more one way streets I finally find it, "Girard Ave". So I drive as fast as I can and I finally make it to where I'm supposed to go...this whole experience probably only lasted like 2 minutes, but those were some freaking scary 2 minutes!

5 comments:

Meli said...

okay, seriously this made me almost pee my pants!! i told tyler, this is the jenny i know and love! i couldnt stop laughing. i just imagined you the whole time and your nervous laugh. sooo hilarious! i miss my jenny! when are you coming to visit?

Kristen and Ryan said...

jenny, you are so funny. I totally would have been freaking out too, but the best is that kirsten was laughing at you!

Lauri said...

Hey! John and Myrica had the baby last night! I posted pics and details on my blog! He's adorable! Hope you are doing well!

Shallan said...

Oh my gosh... I would have been so scared! I have gotten myself in crazy places like that a few times, so I feel for you!

grtownsend said...

Jenny, that was one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. I especially liked the Fresh Prince comment. I can't stop laughing.