Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hawaii Day 3

The next day Jonathan was up at the crack of dawn. I found him downstairs looking out at the ocean.
Which you can't see from this picture that he sent when I asked where he was at 4 o'clock in the morning.

 We decided to eat at McDonald's that morning. We almost got the spam plate but just couldn't do it.
We wanted to go on a hike of some kind. I wanted to go on this easy paved walk up to a light house. Jonathan had different plans.

We walked up this mountain on stairs. 1048 stairs to be exact. It was crazy. Really hard, but pretty awesome.


At the top.

The view was pretty amazing.

Jonathan ran down the stairs in a few minutes. I was such a baby and it took me forever to get down the stairs. It was seriously terrifying I thought for sure I was going to roll down the stairs. For anyone who's been around me and stairs they know why.



We went back to the beach. This beach was amazing. I don't know what it was but the water was amazing. This was the day we fell asleep on the beach and got pretty sunburned. Not good!


After the beach we headed to the airport to fly to our real vacation destination, the Big Island. The Kona airport was completely outside. When you land in Kona it looks like you've landed on the moon because it's on an old Lava Field and is just black rock. The farther you drive the more beautiful it gets. It was so calm and relaxed compared to Oahu. We went and had some fish. I discovered my new favorite fish, Ono. Then we walked around Kona and checked out one of the beaches.


1 comment:

Carrie said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Looks like you had a fantastic time.