Thursday, May 31, 2012

Breakfast in Bed

We have been working really hard to get our pool up and running which has not been an easy task. So last night I decided to get into our yucky, green pool to try to find the vacuum. I walked around the pool for 20 minutes while the kids watched (Jonathan was at church). Kirsten was really concerned the whole time that something bad was going to happen and finally said, "don't you think you should get out now?" so I was walking to the edge to get out when I tripped over the vacuum! We were very excited. Kirsten said, "don't get out of bed tomorrow I have a surprise for you."
She rushed to take a shower and get dressed this morning and then asked me what I wanted to eat for breakfast. I told her I felt like cereal today. I could hear her working really hard in the kitchen sweetly telling her brothers that she was getting them breakfast. She brought me her little play food tray with a bowl of cereal, a folded napkin, and a glass of milk. She was so happy with herself and my heart is so full just thinking about my little sweetheart's face this morning.

1 comment:

Lauri said...

Such a sweet girl! It's the cutest when they do thoughtful things like that. Miss you guys! We need to catch up. :)