Sunday, November 7, 2010

Catch Up

Before Max came along we had a really busy week that I didn't have the chance to blog about.
The Saturday before Max was born my friends, Danie and Michelle, threw a baby shower for me. I didn't get any pictures of the actual event, but it was so much fun and so nice of them to do it for me!
Here is a picture of the M for Max Michelle made for me, the baby clothes "bouquet", and the adorable diaper cake Danie made.


We decided we better go to at least one West Texas football game so we went to the Midland Lee vs. Abilene game which was on ESPN2 because Abilene is ranked in the top 10 in the nation. While that was fun, it also meant that by halftime Midland Lee was losing 49 to 7. At least we can say we've been.






The next night we went over to some of Jonathan's coworker's house for dinner. They are Venezuelan so they made us an authentic Venezuelan meal. It was delicious and so fun.


The next night Jonathan's work had an event at the race track in town.
We ate dinner.


And then tried to watch the racing...


but it was so loud we didn't last very long.


until we were sitting in the car watching.


The primary president in our ward (i'm the secretary so we talk often) is from Ohio. She moved here about 30 years ago and has never left. One day when I was complaining about how ugly it is here she told me you learn to find different kinds of beauty here in West Texas. I will say this is one thing I have come to appreciate, the West Texas sky.


That night I went into labor. So I guess it's a good thing we fit that all in before he came.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Did you eat arepas? Those are so filling...our nanny made them all the time and Nicholas loved them.

Miranda Townsend said...

Jenny, today we had a lesson in Relief Society about gratitude and I swear it was for me!! It's hard to be new places, but it's important to find beauty and goodness wherever you are...I'm glad I'm learning this now and not years from now. I would DEFINITELY recommend moving to Vegas!! We would have the greatest time! Although I still haven't been here in the summer...

jami v. said...

looks like fun! and i would have to say your friend is right. sometimes "beauty" is not what we're used to, but it seems that once we start looking for it, it's easier to see (or at least i feel like that's what happens to me every time i am living in a new place with new sites and sounds and people).

Seth said...

Awe, high school football, what fun. Cute blue dresser. Is that the one you painted? And I have never heard of a baby clothes bouquet, what a cute idea!