Sunday, February 7, 2010

Last Week

So my birthday was this week. I had such a great day.
We started off by making some chili for Jonathan's work chili cook off. Jonathan got to stay home for longer in the morning to make it which was fun. He got this great recipe from our friend Cameron. Everyone said it was their favorite, even though he didn't win. They were allowed to bribe the judges so the one with the biggest bribe ended up winning.


That night I opened presents. And yes I am still in my pajamas. I decided to let myself stay in them all day and do nothing...actually that's not all that unusual. I just felt less guilty about it than usual.


Jonathan got me some black boots that I've been wanting and Kirsten wore them around all night. Well, until we went to take them back. That may sound really mean but Jonathan got me two pairs of boots so that I could go exchange them and get what I really wanted. We went out to eat while my great friend Danie watched the kids. Then we went back to her house for cake. I've been getting into yoga lately and she got me a mat and a block, which I've been in desperate need of and was such a great gift. She's such a wonderful friend! My family got me a great tent, which is just what I asked for and my mother in law got me a a beautiful Cristus statue.


I got so many great gifts but the very best gift of all was from Kirsten. She said, "close your eyes I have a present for you." When I opened them she did this.


She's such a sweetie. She was watching me get ready for Jonathan and my date. When I was ready she said, "you look so beautiful mom." Kirsten and I went on a date to Gigi's cupcakes this week. It was tons of fun to go out together, but I don't get the whole 2 cups of frosting for every cupcake. Anyway, that's not the point I guess. Here's a picture of Emily she did. Look at those lovely lips and eyes.


Jonathan's mom and grandma game out to see us this weekend. They were so good to read lots of books to Kirsten and play dollhouse with her.


On a side note, we're watching the super bowl right now. The Doritos commercials have been hilarious.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy belated birthday! We're glad you had an awesome day!!

Miranda Townsend said...

So it's pretty much a miracle if I get dressed and ready for the day. It's tragic really. I'm so glad that you had a great day though!!

Meli said...

happy belated birthday jenny! if i had your number id call you...but you have yet to call me so it can appear on my caller id. :( one day we woill be friends again....i love you!:)

Unknown said...

Hey, Happy Birthday! It's true--Cameron's chili is the best. We all know Jonathan should have won, right?