Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had a big week this week. Kirsten got her ears pierced! I have been telling her forever that she can get them pierced whenever she wants to, but up until last weekend she was too nervous to. Last weekend she got some little stickers that she was putting on her ears and they kept getting stuck in her hair and falling off so she said "these are driving me nuts, I guess I'll get my ears pierced tomorrow." So Monday during lunch we took her to the mall to do it. The one girl working there said that since she's so young they like to have 2 girls there to do the piercing at the same time so the little girls don't freak out and chicken out with only one ear pierced. So I said ok we'll come back later. After some drama with our town mall we decided to go to Odessa, 25 minutes away. Kirsten was super excited and a little nervous. She picked out some pink flower earrings (of course she wanted the craziest ones she could get) and sat on my lap to get ready. There was only one girl working there so we said just do one at a time and hope she doesnt' chicken out. So the girl said ok count to three. Kirsten did and they pierced it. She had to try really hard to hold her tears in. The girl went over to the other side and Kirsten said, "one, two, three" really fast, she wanted to get it over with. And then she was done. And she had two beautiful pink flowered ears to show for it. I could not stop smiling. I think I was more excited than she was.






And then the kids played at the mall.


We went to get bubblegum ice cream. While we waited the kids were cracking each other up.







I had preschool this week at my house which was awesome because we got to party all week. We made Valentine's boxes and decorated them with potato stamps, something I remember doing with my mom when I was a kid.




Last Wednesday Jonathan had the Young Men over at our house for dinner so I went over to Dannie's house, which is always fun. Colton actually fell asleep on the couch.


I was watching Colton eat his breakfast the other day and he looked so cute I just had to take a picture.


We had so much fun this weekend. Friday night we had a couple's party at our friends house and then last night we had a ward Sock-Hop. I wish I had a camera there because we all had so much fun. Colton danced with me for most of the night and was just loving it. Kirsten was running around with her friend and trying to hula hoop and Jonathan was too cool to hokey pokey, but he did bunny hop so overall we all had a great time. Oh and they had a daddy daughter dance it was so cute to see Kirsten and all the other girls dancing with their dads. Kirsten was standing on Jonathan's feet dancing around and loving her life, it was precious.


5 comments:

Springers said...

Sounds like a fun week. Love the poodle skirt, did you make it? And your house looks so cute.

Meli said...

your house is so cute! your kids are just beautiful. i miss you!!

Unknown said...

Kirsten is so brave!! I didn't get my ear pierced until I was 18 and I was soooo scared!

The Sock-Hop sounds like so much fun ;D Wish I could go to one...

Lauri said...

So after we got Jocelyn's ears pierced, Mom said, "Oh! Did you see Jenny's little girl just got hers pierced?!" hahaha. Too bad we aren't living closer and could have just taken them together! :)
Kirsten looks so cute and it sounds like she was very brave! The last pic of Colton is adorable. What a cute little guy. You look so cute in the poodle skirt! Sounds like a fun night!

Ryanne said...

So cute! Senneca's got her's pierced last year when she was 5 and Kirsten's experience reminds me of that.