Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Colton's PT appt. and finger sucking

We got back from Oklahoma last weekend and I have a bunch of pictures to put up from our trip. But I'm putting that off for now...
First here's an update on Colton. It seemed like he cried his entire 2nd month of life and I just figured he had colic or something, but then I found out during his 2nd doctor's appointment that he had an ear infection, poor little guy. Anyway, since he started taking his antibiotics he has been his sweet little self again. He's so smiley and happy and so much fun to have around. Yesterday I had to take him to the physical therapists to help him stretch out his neck and prevent a severely misshapen head. The PT was doing all of these stretches and things and Colton was just happy as a clam. She had him laying down on his back and was straightening out his head. He just starting laughing hysterically for a few minutes. It was so cute. The PT said that usually babies are screaming at that point. So here I am feeling so proud to have such an adorable little baby when Kirsten wets her pants all over the floor (I decided to take her with me because usually she's pretty good, but that won't be happening again) . I guess I needed some humbling.

Is this really happening? I have caught Colton sucking on his 2 middle fingers a few times in the last few days. Like sister like brother I guess.

5 comments:

{Anne} said...

How cute are those pictures!
I hope he doesn't get any more ear infections because they are the worst! Hays was on her tenth when she got tubes.

Lauri said...

Oh my goodness, Jenny! Too funny!! :) Just when things couldn't be better....and then! :) LOL!
I love those pics! That is hilarious that Colton is starting to suck his two fingers just like his sister!
How was your trip? I was so bummed b/c we weren't able to go to Tulsa like we had planned. Too much going on to be able to get away! HOpefully we'll be able to get together SOMETIME before we are old and gray! Hahaha. Miss you!! Can't wait to see more pics!

Lauri said...

I would LOVE it if you guys ended up in NM!!!! Not so sure you would like Farmington....small and nothing to do BUT I am still hoping you move CLOSE TO ME!!! :)
That panty hose story made me laugh!! There are so many memories to think of. Our combined birthday party was so fun! Staying up late laughing all the time, crushing on boys, bowling, dancing, driving around listening to Stroke 9, just being crazy...we always had fun no matter what we were doing! You were always the friend I could count on! You were always level headed, reliable, NO drama (I can't think of a single fight! Isn't that unusual with girls!!)and I could always count on a laugh with you! Thinking back makes me miss you tons!!! :)

Springers said...

Babies are really good at imitating huh? He must be watching her. What's going on with his head? I didn't know you were having trouble.

Emily Townsend said...

i miss you guys so much. i had so much fun when you were here. i can't wait until i come out there for a week. good luck with colton. i can't believe he smiled during his stretches, maybe you were doing them wrong!!! he screamed big time. i better go, bye!