Saturday, April 19, 2008

Colton's first week...

I'm back! Ok so I figured I better update everyone on the happenings over the last couple weeks...
It started a week ago Wednesday when I went to the doctor. The doctor said that she thought that I would go into labor in the next 24 hours and if I didn't she would be on call on Saturday so I could call her and come in to be induced. So my mom and I sat around for 3 days waiting for baby to make his appearance.

On Saturday morning I couldn't take it anymore so I called my doctor and she said I could come on in since the hospital wasn't too busy. So, of course, Jonathan and I headed out the door. 9 hours and 1 epidural later baby Colton entered the world. He weighed 8 pounds 7 ounces. Which I couldn't believe! That seemed huge! It's a good thing I didn't wait another week or I would've had a 9 pounder!

Jonathan went home that night and put those incredibly flattering pictures on here and then he brought Kirsten and my mom to the hospital the next morning before church. Kirsten was so happy to see baby brother. She was so sweet with him. When they got ready to go to church I told her I had to stay in the hospital and she said "am I not going to have a mommy anymore?" it was the saddest thing ever! She's since recovered from some of the trauma of me being in the hospital. We went home the next day.

Things have been going so well this week. Colton is a very good baby, at least compared to Kirsten. Although this time around I'm not working, finishing finals, studying for a scary certification exam and moving all in the month after giving birth. So things seem really great compared to that.

My mom just left today which is really sad! It was so nice to be able to have someone to help and someone to talk to during the day. We pretty much sat around talking, holding baby, and watching Kirsten run around singing "how will she know..." (from Enchanted). It's been so fun and I'm so sad that she's gone! But Jonathan's mom comes into town tomorrow so that will be nice too!

Here are some pictures from his first week...






6 comments:

Lauri said...

AHHHHH! Jenny!! I am so glad everything went so well and Colton is healthy!! He is SOO CUTE!!! It sounds like Kirsten is loving having a baby brother! When my parents brought John home, I said, "take him back to the hospital!" ha ha.

You sound very happy and I'm glad you are back to blogging! Love the pics! Congrats again!!! :)

Meli said...

i am so happy you blogged! esp for those who just had to go and buy a new phone and now have one and need your number again. sorry! he is so beautiful! i miss the cummings. kirsten is so adorable! i loved that she asked if you werent ever coming back. sad, yet so funny for those of us who arent in that situaion. you sound so happy and good! have fun with your mother in law!

Rachel said...

So tiny! And so cute! Thanks for the new pictures.

Em said...

Oh my goodness, he really does have a nice full head of hair. Poor little Kirsten...I'm glad she's recovered from the trauma of having you gone.

Have fun with Jon's mom there!

Springers said...

Too cute! So what was your official due date compared to when you deliever? I am about ready to tell my doctor we are going to have to go 3 weeks early! My legs are killing me! I'm glad he's a good baby. I bet that's a big relief. How are you feeling? So Kirsten loves Enchanted too, huh. Jaxson is scared of the dragon, but he watches it with Shaye none the less!

Mike said...

Looks like another cutie has entered the world..and what a head of hair!! Glad Kirsten's having fun being a big sis'

Lots of love from cousin Nicholas and us!