Friday, April 12, 2013

Colton (never published this so it's super late)

Today is Colton's 5th birthday! I cannot believe he is 5 already! He says something everyday that makes me laugh.
Some recent Colton stories I want to remember:
-a couple weeks ago we were at Walgreens. Colton was sitting in the back of the cart when we were in the checkout line. This lady came up behind us. Colton said to her "my name's Colton, what's your name?". She told him her name and then he said "I'm 5 years old. What's your number?". The lady very kindly played along and told Colton she's 52. As we left the store Colton very loudly said "she's 52 mom!" over and over.
-I asked Colton what kind of cake he wants for his birthday. He said he wanted a "rainbone (rainbow) train cake". I said "a rainbow train cake?", "yes! It will be so beautiful". I showed him a bunch of train cakes and he liked them all he decided he needed 10 cakes and that would make him feel better.
-yesterday I decided to take 5 seconds of privacy in the bathroom by locking the door. Colton came to the door and said "mom! You locked us out!", "open the door!", "you're hurting my heart!".
-he is scared of 2 boys at school, Kyle and Jacob. His teacher finally figured out why yesterday. Colton said Kyle is Jacobs ghost. I asked him about it after school. He said Kyle is spooky, "ooooh" ( like a spooky ghost would sound with his hands up). I started laughing and he said, "hey, why you laughing at me mom?". I guess it's pretty sad at school, but it's pretty funny when he talks about it at home.

He is so sweet and so funny! He's so loving and affectionate. If anybody is sad he is sad. He thinks Max and Kirsten should have anything they want, especially if they get upset about not getting what they want. I took Colton to school today without Kirsten and daddy. Colton told me he wants "mommy, max, daddy, and Kirsten. I want my whole family."
He told us he doesn't like trains anymore; he likes letters especially the letter w. we have a c and m in the boys rooms for their names. Colton will not let that m be an m. He turns it around to be a w if anybody tries to fix it. Of course daddy let Colton pick out a toy at target today after they went to lunch together and Colton picked out a train.

No comments: