Thursday, August 16, 2012

Colton

Some Colton memories from the last two days.
Yesterday at therapy Colton was playing with a jeep and this little forest toy. So his therapist brought out the little critter bucket. She handed Colton a snake, which he took and held in his hand. When she said the word snake Colton freaked out and threw it on the ground. She showed him an alligator and he said "put that away!". I have no idea why he's so scared! It was pretty cute though because he doesn't say a whole lot so it was pretty funny that he was so adamant about putting those critters away.

Today we were swimming. Kirsten wanted to play this silly game Emily taught her. Basically, I would think of a color in my head while holding Kirsten like a baby. When she guessed wrong she gets dunked. After we played Colton came over and wanted me to hold him and he started saying things like "pajamas!", "bananas", "Christmas trees"... And would wait to get dunked after every word, laughing every time I dunked him. Kirsten and I were cracking up. I get so surprised by how much he understands sometimes!
And we finally potty trained him a couple weeks ago!!! I wasn't sure it would ever happen but he did so well!

No comments: