Sunday, May 24, 2009

Week In review

Kirsten had her last week of Preschool this week so everyday had a theme.
Crazy hair day...

Everybody loved Kirsten's hair, but were equally concerned by the amount of conditioner that would be wasted the next day...yeah, it was a little crazy but well worth it.

I forgot to put up the picture of the adorable Mother's Day present Kirsten made for me. It's a hot pad and she was so proud of herself that she ripped the present open before we even made it home.



Kirsten and Colton's favorite past time together is to play peek-a-boo through Kirsten's Closet doors.




When I had Kirsten I was determined not to let her get attached to a pacifier or a blanket or anything else. 4 years later I have a daughter who is not attached to those things, but she is attached to her hair and her fingers (Which means her hair only looks good until she gets in the car and starts playing with it)... 2 things that she is literally attached to. So I decided with Colton I would try to get him stuck on other things, things that can be taken away if need be. The pacifier didn't take, but he has fallen for his puppy.


The highlight of our week...Kirsten's Graduation!

It was adorable. The kids walked in to the graduation song and then walked on stage to get their "diplomas".





Her whole class

The after party

Just a quick side note: So, of course, when Kirsten's name was announced she was called "Kersten". Jonathan looked at me and said, "why do people always say her name wrong?" This is something I've wondered since 2 days after she was born and the nurse called her "Kersten". I mean, come on hasn't anyone ever read the American Girl books, heard of Kirsten Dunst or watched the O.C.? I've had thoughts about changing the spelling of her name, she still doesn't know how to spell it exactly, do you think it's too late? Or too ridiculous? Would changing the spelling to Kiersten save her enough trouble throughout her live to make it worth it??

7 comments:

Emily Townsend said...

Nice hair! How did you do it? I say you keep her name the way it is, it's unique. She will eventually learn to get used to it, hopefully. See you guy's and Colton's puppy this Thursday.

Jen said...

So fun...the last week of preschool! Loved the hair. Michael had his last week too. I can't believe they are getting that old!

As far as her name, I think it is the classic way to spell that name and I love it. I have actually had a few Kirstens in my life and they all spelled it that way. I never even heard "Ker-sten" till I went to college. (and personally I think Kirsten sounds much cuter!) You could change the spelling and it won't to any damage to Kirsten, but honestly you probably will still get people saying it wrong!

Mike said...

wow, that's some crazy hair!

jami v. said...

so fun!! i love the pics ... and kirsten's hair in that first one is HILARIOUS!!


PS-you can tell kirsten that the underwear photo is silly - and that the undies are clean. :)

Lauri said...

I love Kirsten's hair!!!! How long did it take you to get it like that?!? So fun!
What a cute little graduation! She is such a doll.
Colton is getting so big! He has the sweetest smile!

Springers said...

What good pictures! Congrats to Kirsten... big graduation day! And Colton is so cute with the dog. Sydnee has a monkey that she won't let go of.

Meli said...

i love that you did that!! thats hilarious abt her name. i hate when ppl dot call joseph joseph after i call him joseph myself. those losers! we havent talked in so long!! need to catch up! whats yuor number? that colton is huge!!